Is possible set Prev/Next do NOT leave current playlist?

Beda

I try several times walk through whole settings, but not find...

Situation: play one playlist with 10 radio stream, in playlist category is some another playlists...

Current behavior: when on first track and swipe left (or press prev), or on last track and swipe right (or press next),
PA from actual playlist switch to previous or next playlist in playlist category...

Wanted behaviour: when prev on first, or next on last, do nothing (keep selected first or last track), or at least don't switch to another playlist but cycle from last track to first, from first to last, anyway keep in current playlist...

Thanks 🙂

Thanks, but if i enable "Repeat Category", then keep in Playlists category, but still switch between Playlist1, Playlist2, Playlist3 example:

Playlists:
    Playlist1
        Track1
        Track2
        Track3
    Playlist2
        Track1
        Track2
        Track3
    Playlist3
        Track1
        Track2
        Track3

If i select play Playlist2, then i need keep in and only Playlist2
but when play Playlist2/Track3 i press Next, then is leave Playlist2 and switch to Playlist3/Track1

Yes, it works for Playlists too.

When playing songs from any given Playlist with Repeat mode set to 'Repeat Category' and Shuffle Off, when you get to the last song in that playlist and press >> you will be taken back to the first song in the same list. Similarly from the first song in a playlist if you press << you will be taken straight to the end of that same list. Only >>> and <<< (Change Category) will exit forward or backward to the next or previous Playlist. So in your example, pressing >> during Playlist2/Track3 will revert back to Playlist2/Track1. 

Gesture/swipe changes are slightly different: you can't go beyond the first or last tracks by simply swiping left or right on the album art area, it is designed to stick at the end (or start) rather than changing tracks. You need to perform an 'extra wide' swipe there, which will indeed change the Category (as that extended gesture is the equivalent of pressing >>> or <<<).

Andre

I have set only Play/Pause button on UI/Main/PlayScreen.
Don't have <<<,<<,>>,>>> buttons on screen, but Next+Prev buttons on Steering Wheel

You are right with "UI Repeat=Repeat Category", but one step is need for me what i not try before:
Settings/Headset&Bluetooth/WiredHeadset=SinglePress (default is "Double/Tripplepress for next/prev track"
Wwith default is sometime leave current playlist also with Repeat Category set, as i press button repeatedly,
now is behaviour of Next/Prev buttons on steering wheel exactly as i need, Thanks :)

And with "need lextra wide swipe" on album art... i know, but when driving is not for me difference between short and long swipe,
because if i try short, then manytime is registered as tap, then i always do long swipe over half (landscape) screen 🙂

So...not possible disable completely longer swipe as <<<,>>> ? 🙂

Not realy problem if not, because with Prev/Next buttons is now fine, but will be nice if extra wide swipe can be disabled if future :)

2 hours ago, Beda said:

I have set only Play/Pause button on UI/Main/PlayScreen.

Settings > Look and Feel > Skins > enable Pro Buttons.

I'm afraid you can't disable the Next Category / Previous Category responses, if PA receives that instruction (from extended-swipe, >>>/<<<  buttons, or elsewhere then it will follow it as intended. As you've found though, you can disable the Bluetooth double-tap feature for category switching, which sounds like is what you need in this case.

Andre

On 1/26/2022 at 12:41 AM, andrewilley said:

Settings > Look and Feel > Skins > enable Pro Buttons.

I'm afraid you can't disable the Next Category / Previous Category responses, if PA receives that instruction (from extended-swipe, >>>/<<<  buttons, or elsewhere then it will follow it as intended. As you've found though, you can disable the Bluetooth double-tap feature for category switching, which sounds like is what you need in this case.

Andre

thanks, but i purposely have disabled next/prev track/category onscreen buttons 😉

about "bluetooth double-tab" not help me with swipe, too not with physical buttons on stering whell, this has been resolved disabling double-tap for WiredHeadset as i write (maybe incomprehensible) in me previous message :)

about extended-swipe - this is controled from PA or from Skin?

Edited by Beda

Sorry, as I said, you can't do it with gestures, they are pre-programmed that way. To do what you want, you need to enable Pro Buttons as that is what they are designed for.

There have been a number of requests in the past to make the main interface elements a bit more configurable - e.g. to be able to optionally assign up/down swipes for Category changes, and also change the functions and tap/long-press responses of the row of control icons under the artwork area - but that is still something that's on the to-do list.   

Can I check whether you are using PA on a phone with a Bluetooth connection to your car, or actually running PA on a car Android headunit? I had assumed a phone, hence my comment about using the bluetooth controls, but if you are running it directly on a head-unit then the steering wheel buttons are presumably acting like local headset buttons, hence the Headset double-tap settings works for you.

Andre