Recently played not showing correctly

rohit123

I have the paid version of Poweramp. I played an mp3 in Poweramp by selecting open-with->Poweramp from my android mobile.
After that I clicked on the four squares which showed various options one of which is Recently Played

And the mp3 that I played doesn't show there. What could be the reason for this?

ok. I got that part. But I clicked on the the four squares button-> All Songs and selected a mp3. It started playing. 
But this mp3 also didn't show up in the Recently Played. The mp3 showed up in All Songs because I provided a folder earlier in setup to scan for mp3.
Ideally this should have been showed in the Recently played. What could be the reason for this?

There is a threshold percentage value for a track to be considered "played", in Settings > Library > Count as Played. Default is 50%. Once the counter has gone past that point, and you move on to another track, the first song's Play Count will be incremented and it will appear in the Recently Played list. Note: it is the action of moving to the next track that triggers this; if you simply pause near the end the counter won't increment until you eventually move on.

Andre

Thanks that worked. Is there a way to add a specific mp3 to the library, So that it also gets tracked in the recently played?

I also noticed that when I selected an mp3 and opened it with Poweramp and select the repeat selected song option, it just stops playing after the track is over and on the top it shows some weird location like file%253...
Ideally it should have played the track in repeat mode.

Does that mean I cannot use the extra features like replay the same song again and again unless it's in the library?

As I said earlier, when you use a file explorer to launch a single audio file in Poweramp, that file gets played as a one-off item. Nothing is remembered in the Library or playback logs for later re-use, and there are no Next or Previous items to be found.

For any audio files to be scanned into Poweramp's Library for subsequent use, all you need to do is add their folder location to PA Settings > Library > Music Folders. PA will pick them all up on the next rescan. If you only want one or two extra files added, just copy those files to a folder location which is already included in that Music Folders. You can't add a single file any other way though, the whole of a folder will be scanned and processed.

Andre