Large chunks of my library keep disappearing

Bobby444

Galaxy S20; build-911

Poweramp keeps losing tracks from the library, sometimes entire genres. I think I'm getting most of it back, eventually with multiple re-scan attempts but it keeps happening. It's been two weeks of this. I've even removed the app and re-installed. I don't think it's the sd card. I can find "missing" songs when searching the File Explorer.

Any idea how to fix this?

When does this generally happen, is it when you first start the app? Mostly likely your phone is not providing access to the external storage quickly enough when the app initialises.

I would suggest turning off PA Setting > Misc > File Access Legacy Mode for recent Android releases. If the issue persists, do a FULL Rescan in Settings > Library and when you know everything is correct you can turn off the auto-scan option in Settings > Library > Scanner.

Andre

12 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

When does this generally happen, is it when you first start the app? Mostly likely your phone is not providing access to the external storage quickly enough when the app initialises.

I would suggest turning off PA Setting > Misc > File Access Legacy Mode for recent Android releases. If the issue persists, do a FULL Rescan in Settings > Library and when you know everything is correct you can turn off the auto-scan option in Settings > Library > Scanner.

Andre

Thank you for the suggestion but I am having trouble understanding. First, I believe it can happen any time I tap on Poweramp, whether it is open already or not. If I run a search in settings for legacy mode, it directs me to Misc but I don't see anything once I am there.

If I go to Poweramp setting > Misc, I do not see File Access Legacy Mode anywhere so I am not yet able to follow that step. I have done several Full Rescans.

Build 921 (11 Jan 2022) should be the latest on the Play Store, and my tablet updated itself to that version on 14 Jan - but for some reason I'm now seeing 911 (21 Aug 2021) again on the Play Store on my Android devices too (although on my PC it shows 11 Jan 2022).

To update manually, just download the APK file from the website and install it. You may need to permit file-based installs if you have not already done that.

Andre

@andrewilley I successfully updated it as you recommended. Hopefully, this will work. I appreciate the help.

12 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Build 921 (11 Jan 2022) should be the latest on the Play Store, and my tablet updated itself to that version on 14 Jan - but for some reason I'm now seeing 911 (21 Aug 2021) again on the Play Store on my Android devices too (although on my PC it shows 11 Jan 2022).

To update manually, just download the APK file from the website and install it. You may need to permit file-based installs if you have not already done that.

Andre

If this is still happening, disable auto-scan and do a manual FULL Rescan to update the database after the storage is fully available.

You could also try doing a clean reformat of your SD Card and then copy all the contents back from an external backup, but that could take a while.

Andre