Artist Art vs. Album Art

Jim Sims

Hi,

I would like to design the art for the artist individually. I don't want to use a random image, or some album art.

I have a couple of questions:

1.) what's the native banner size for artist art (i.e. 1024 x 300 etc.)

2.) Where do I place custom artist artwork and how do I name it, for Poweramp to accept it as the artists header artwork?

Thanks for some advice in advance

Artist images can be any shape (as can album art) but square is considered most normal for thumbnails. If you want it to be less cropped for the larger header area specifically, go for more of a rectangular shape (the same would apply to album images).

Artist images are stored locally in Poweramp's data folders on internal device memory, which for earlier versions of Android was in Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ (note the underscore) or on Android 10/11+, in  Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files/ .

The artist_art subfolder is used to cache any automatically downloaded images, while selected_artist is used for manually picked images. The filename is simply artistname.jpg (with most special characters such as brackets, quote marks, apostrophes, etc. replaced with underscores). Have a look at the current folder contents to get an idea of the format, and simply replace any existing files with new images as you wish.

Andre

There is no native banner header resolution. PA takes the artist image file (usually square) and crops it according to the screen resolution and size of the available header banner area, which can very from device to device, and also changes based on your preferred header settings (normal or compact) for that Category view too.

Andre