Songs starting halfway through

welshyyyyy

The problem is that if I listen to a song and click next track after say 50 seconds, the next time the track plays it seems to start from that 50 second point rather than at the start. I did Google it and in another forum there was a fix suggested which hasn't worked for me. I only downloaded Poweramp as it works well with "OKGoogle" when I'm driving but this annoying issue is not worth that, grateful if anyone knows a fix Thanks

You probably have 'Per Track Progress' memory enabled. There are two places this can be done:

1) Settings > Library > Store/Restore Per Track Progress. This is a global setting, and will be applied to any songs that are longer than the threshold duration defined in the same screen. This mode is designed to allow you to resume playback of longer audio material such as podcasts, audiobooks, radio shows, concerts, etc exactly where you left off, allowing you to return to it later.

2) For Folders and Playlists only (this doesn't apply to Albums etc) you can tap menu > List Options and enable or disable 'Per Track Progress' for that specific location only. The mode will be applied to just the currently viewed Folder or Playlist, not globally to all folders or playlists, so you would need to repeat the process for any different folders or playlists.

Andre

Thanks for replying. It doesn't look like I have per track progress enabled anywhere, the button is toggled off.  Also I can't see where this option is in "playlists" - if I go into my playlist and click the three dots for the menu I get list options but I just get "sort by" and "view as", I then have to click the gear icon to access the setting for per track progress (which is the main menu anyway i.e. there's not a specific per track progress tick box for playlists, hope that makes sense

6 hours ago, welshyyyyy said:

there's not a specific per track progress tick box for playlists

Go into Library > Playlists and tap on the specific playlist name that you want to change.

When the song contents of that playlist are displayed, tap the three-dots menu and select 'List Options'.

Disable (untick) this control:
image.png

You will need to repeat that action for each individual playlist in turn, it is not a global setting.

Andre

You are not viewing one playlist, you are viewing the overall Playlists Category - which could contain any number of playlists, in the same way that the Albums Category can contain lots of different albums.

As I said above, tap on one specific playlist to open it (in your case you only seem to have one) and with its songs list displayed, tap menu and then choose 'List Options'. As I said, it's not a global option, the setting is per individual playlist.

Andre