Multiple Music Files and CUE files in 1 Folder

lonelyzerg

When there are more than one pair of music file and cue file in the folder PA will not recognize the album correctly. For example, I have xxxx_CD1.ape, xxxx_CD2.ape, xxxx_CD1.cue and xxxx_CD2.cue in one folder, PA will recognize only 2 ape files but not the separated songs specified by cue files. I wonder if it is a bug or it is designed to behave like this.

As long as the "FILE" line in each CUE file points to a specific audio file by name (such as an mp3, flac, ape, etc) then PA should create a 'pseudo-folder' for each one, containing separate songs. The CUE files should hold info for more than one song from each master file of course, otherwise they are somewhat redundant. There's no reason you can't have several CUE files and several long audio files in one folder, as long as the contents of the CUE file are correct.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

As long as the "FILE" line in each CUE file points to a specific audio file by name (such as an mp3, flac, ape, etc) then PA should create a 'pseudo-folder' for each one, containing separate songs. The CUE files should hold info for more than one song from each master file of course, otherwise they are somewhat redundant. There's no reason you can't have several CUE files and several long audio files in one folder, as long as the contents of the CUE file are correct.

Andre

however if I put CD2 ape and cue in a sub folder, both CD 1 and CD 2 can be scanned normally. So I guess this is a bug?

I'll give it a try sand see what happens. Just to check, you have two (or more) CUE files and similar long audio files in the same folder, with each CUE file pointing to just one of the audio files with the intention of creating multiple tracks from that associated audio file? What are the text contents of one of your CUE files, just in case there's an issue there?

Andre

Actually, when I went looking for some CUE files to test this with, I found I'd already got that exact same scenario on my phone and it works perfectly. Mine is with normal MP3 files not the more esoteric APE (I don't have any of those to test with) but I can't see why the audio encoding format should make any difference to the filename choice process.

To clarify, I have one folder containing a two-part documentary series. Each part consists of a one-hour audio file plus a separate CUE file which arranges the programme into shorter tracks/chapters. So four files in all:

Project Who CD1 Complete.mp3
Project Who CD1.cue
Project Who CD2 Complete.mp3
Project Who CD2.cue

The CUE files both look very similar, for example:

PERFORMER "Anthony Head"
TITLE "Project: Who? CD1"
FILE "Project Who CD1 Complete.mp3" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Chapter 1"
    PERFORMER "Anthony Head"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Chapter 2"
    PERFORMER "Anthony Head"
    INDEX 01 03:21:08
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Chapter 3"
    PERFORMER "Anthony Head"
    INDEX 01 06:43:47
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Chapter 4"
    PERFORMER "Anthony Head"
    INDEX 01 10:01:10
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Chapter 5"
    PERFORMER "Anthony Head"
    INDEX 01 12:38:19
[...etc for 20 chapters...]

This results in two 'pseudo folders' in my Folders views, named Project Who CD1.cue and Project Who CD2.cue, which are also listed in the Album view using the Title fields as "Project: Who? CD1" and "Project: Who? CD2". Each contain the expected tracks and they play correctly.

This how the Album and Folder contents are shown in PA:

image.png  image.png

Andre