Bug with now playing feature on pixel 4a

R.de

Now playing feature gets activated when playing music on Poweramp. The feature is to identify surrounding music, then why is it showing music which is playing on the device itself? Not happening with any other music player.

That's not something I use myself, but according to Google the 'always listen' feature can be turned off in Android Settings > Sound and Vibration > Advanced > Now Playing > Notifications.

I'm just guessing here, but perhaps you are using one of the non Android-standard audio output modes (such as High-Res), which the phone may not be realising is actually internally generated audio rather than an external source?

Andre

19 hours ago, andrewilley said:

That's not something I use myself, but according to Google the 'always listen' feature can be turned off in Android Settings > Sound and Vibration > Advanced > Now Playing > Notifications.

I'm just guessing here, but perhaps you are using one of the non Android-standard audio output modes (such as High-Res), which the phone may not be realising is actually internally generated audio rather than an external source?

Andre

How do i check/change the audio output?

@R.de In PA Settings > Audio > Output.

There are about four choices in there (Android default is normally OpenSL ES, but you should also see options for AudioTrack, AAudio, and Hi-Res). That screen will show which one is active for the current output device, but you can tap on any mode and enable/disable that particular method for each output device individually (e.g. Wired Headset/AUX, Speaker, Bluetooth, USB DAC, etc)

Andre

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

What happens when you try different output methods for Speaker?

Andre

Changing output to audiotrack solved the problem! Opensl es was the culprit. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!