Doubt with Unlocker via google play

luissin

Hello, I have a question regarding the unlocker license validation via google play, I have a Chinese android stereo, which turns on or off together with the car, in this case the license validation would be every power cycle?

I ask since the head unit does not have constant internet access unless i install some application.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Luis

In theory the licence status should be saved once it has been validated online (see PA Settings > About, and you should see "Purchase Verified and Stored" if all is OK).

However you are correct that some poorly designed (mainly Chinese, but not exclusively so) car head-units don't seem to allow enough time for apps to properly shut down, and/or they don't send normal Shutdown Intents to the app to indicate they should exit tidily. Unfortunately you won't know if yours is like that until you try though.

Andre

Play Store purchases can be installed on as many Android devices that are using the same Google account as you like (within fair use anyway).

Website purchases are not tied to Google at all (they can be installed on any Android device, regardless of Google app presence) but are only valid on one device at a time - so installing on a new device will revoke the licenced status for the previous one.

Andre