Phone too much heating with Poweramp

ItsyourVj

Hey everyone

I'm using Poweramp since years and i really like it

But now i switched my phone to Lg g8x and when i try to play music from it, my phone heats alot and Library scanning take too much time.

I compared with other music player apps but they're working fine , so there is no any hardware issue in my phone.

Please help.

Did you copy settings over from your old device? Might want to check File Access Legacy Mode is turned off. Library scanning (normal rather than 'Full') should only take a few seconds if there have been no changes and your storage access is working properly.

Andre

19 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Did you copy settings over from your old device? Might want to check File Access Legacy Mode is turned off. Library scanning (normal rather than 'Full') should only take a few seconds if there have been no changes and your storage access is working properly.

Andre

I didn't copied any settings from my old device and I don't know about File Access Legacy Mode. My device is running on Android 10.

And library scanning takes around 4-5 minutes.

Settings could have been copied over via Google cloud-based restore. As you were expecting to do a clean start anyway, it might be worth clearing app data and let it start from scratch (look for PA in Android Settings > Apps). Then choose your music folder again in PA Settings > Library > Music Folders, and ensure that only the folder that you want to use is enabled, and grant access permissions to it (a one-off task).

I'm assuming your music is on an SD Card? When you say it takes 4-5 minutes for a rescan, are you talking about a FULL Rescan (which clears the library and rebuilds from scratch) or just a normal quick check for anything new? You can trigger either type manually via PA Settings > Library > Rescan or PA Settings > Library > Full Rescan. A simple rescan should take a few seconds (it just quickly looks through all the folder and file names, and only actually opens and reads anything that's new or has changed since the last scan). A Full Rescan takes longer, and you'll notice a quick scan first to find all the folder and song filenames, and then a much longer period while it individually opens and checks the tag data of every file - mine takes a bit over minute for 7,000 songs / 60Gb.

Andre

Archived