Song play statistics

you know, most played/least played/never played songs/album/artists,

and

how many hours I've been listening to music this day/week/month/year,

I wonder if they're possible? I don't really want to use last.fm since the android app is buggy anyway, it won't scrobble automatically, I have to start it manually. So it'll be nice if Poweramp have built in stats to see.

Maybe not very useful, but I think it's kinda neat to have

It would certainly be technically possible, as all the information on individual song playback is available in the database. Most/Least Played are already available as lists for example, and play counts and last-played time are in the Info/Tags screen. Not sure if PA logs the total amount of listening time, but it would be simple enough to add that info and perhaps include it in the Settings > About screen, or maybe optionally in the top-level Library view?

Andre

Wouldn't really mind it get put anywhere, maybe a new library menu "Statistics" or for play time in "About" screen is also good, but this is also a chance for a new homepage, showing some of your most played tracks/artists/albums, and maybe a button "Discover" or "Surprise Me" that will play a random song you never played before, heck there could be a new shuffle mode: "Discover" that plays all the songs you never played before.

Archived