Poweramp removes first song from every album. I sync to it from Windows media 10 to my phone. Please help

Simmo

Poweramp removes first song from every album.

I sync to it from Windows media 10 to my phone but for some reason it adds the first song from any album I transfer into another un named file on my albums list on the phone..

Any help with transferring the full album would be very appreciated.

Thanks

When you say "un named file" in your Albums list, I assume you mean the songs show up in an "Unknown Album" area instead of in their correct album name? If so, there are several possibilities here.

First, check that the embedded informational 'metadata' tags inside the audio file are actually correct. Long-press on the errant song title in PA and choose 'Info/Tags'. You need to check that the tags labelled as Album and Album Artist tags match exactly with the other songs that are meant to be in the same album. If no Album Artist tag is present in the files, the plain Artist tag will be used as a match - but that's less reliable, especially with Various Artists collections.

If the tags do completely match, then go into Settings > Library and do a FULL Rescan which should put everything right and it will read all the song information into PA's music database from scratch.

If this happen regularly when you sync your media files, try a different syncing process (e.g. copy the files manually from your computer by copy/paste or drag/drop). Automatic sync apps sometimes seem to create a valid filename first, and then copy the contents, which can fool Poweramp's automatic scanning process if it notices the name before the contents are available for reading.

For a bit more background on tags, please see 

Andre

21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

When you say "un named file" in your Albums list, I assume you mean the songs show up in an "Unknown Album" area instead of in their correct album name? If so, there are several possibilities here.

First, check that the embedded informational 'metadata' tags inside the audio file are actually correct. Long-press on the errant song title in PA and choose 'Info/Tags'. You need to check that the tags labelled as Album and Album Artist tags match exactly with the other songs that are meant to be in the same album. If no Album Artist tag is present in the files, the plain Artist tag will be used as a match - but that's less reliable, especially with Various Artists collections.

If the tags do completely match, then go into Settings > Library and do a FULL Rescan which should put everything right and it will read all the song information into PA's music database from scratch.

If this happen regularly when you sync your media files, try a different syncing process (e.g. copy the files manually from your computer by copy/paste or drag/drop). Automatic sync apps sometimes seem to create a valid filename first, and then copy the contents, which can fool Poweramp's automatic scanning process if it notices the name before the contents are available for reading.

For a bit more background on tags, please see 

Andre

Thanks, i`ll try these.