"Artists" Library listing. Show Album Artist, not Artist Tag?

cyberlocc

I was wondering if there is a way, for when looking at Artists, to show only Album Artists, not the Artists Tag?

I listen to alot of Rap, and alot of that is mixed, and the contribituing artists tags are all filled contribituing artists, this leads to when I am scrolling, having absurd amounts of the same artist. For instance, I have 37 listings for 2pac + XXXX..... I want those to fall under 2pac, like all my other music players do. 

Yes, there are already options to control the use of 'Album Artist' tags instead of just 'Artist' in various lists. See the 'Albums' section in Settings > Library > Lists.

You may also be interested in a planned feature to support use of multiple artist names within the Artist tag, which should hopefully be implemented in the next beta release. Basically you will be able to set your Artist tags to contain several artist names, using separator characters such as "2pac ; XXXX" , "2pac ; YYYY" , "2pac ; ZZZZ" , etc. Then in list views you would see the songs shown under each separate Artist name: "2pac" , "XXXX" , "YYYY" , "ZZZZ" , etc.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

The 'multiple artists' feature I mentioned above has now been released for  beta testing in Poweramp build 899 by the way. At the moment a couple of glitches have been noted which are causing duplicate copies of many song to appear in lists (especially in the Album Artists category) so it may be best to wait for the next build which will hopefully fix this.

Andre

Archived