Library Constantly Reloading

T0b3rm0r3y

I have been using this APP for years on end but have an issue that has ruined it. The problem is likely due to the Android 11 update but the developers should have had a fix by now. EVERY single time I start the app it has no library at all and has to scan my 30K+ songs each time. On top of that not all of them are loaded to the library. Is there a fix for this, something I am doing wrong or???

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Is this possibly the same issue as https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/20579-rescan-takes-almost-10-mins-and-overheatslags-phone/ ? What device are you using?

Andre

I have not noticed the phone overheating at all, or even running warmer than usual. I am using a Samsung S20 Ultra Model # SM-G988B/DS and the latest android 11 build. Copying the music database over to my NAS drive takes forever (211Gb) if I need to re-format the SD card and the process must be done wirelessly  as my Surface Pro has no Ethernet port. The first time I went from NAS to SD card I had to leave it overnight & it was still going when I woke up. 

The issue does sound similar though, and you have similar devices newly running on Android 11. Check that Settings > Misc> File Access Legacy Mode is turned off, and request a Full Rescan in Settings > Library. If that does not help, try clearing app data (and permissions if necessary) and let PA revert to its default options for that ROM type. (Note this will clear your settings, internal Playlists, ratings, etc so best to back those up first; don't restore immediately though, let the scan try to complete first).

The next thought would be the one you'd prefer not to do, which is to reformat your SD Card. Plug the card into your Surface Pro via a high-speed reader / USB port, and copy everything off the card onto the laptop first, then copy it back directly before putting the card back into your phone. That ought to be quicker than using wireless from your NAS.

Andre

Archived