Can't load files on Android 11

Bugmenot

Old phone was a Pixel 3 with Android 10, now I have a Pixel 4 with Android 11.  Settings were copied across automatically, layout, colors, etc are all set up as I had on the old phone, which is what I want.

I have a single folder called "Music" in the root of my internal storage that has a few thousand files in it--no subfolders.  The changes in 11 are making it difficult to get files to play.  VLC is working fine though.

Here's a video of me trying to set it up.  I must be missing a step; any ideas?

The first popup allows me to choose "Internal storage" which I understand would include that folder and all folders underneath it recursively, which is not what I want.  So that's why I hit the + and selected that folder.  But the "Invalid storage: Please use the sidebar in the system dialog to select the target provider plugin" toast comes up every time

VwfvSas.gif

Turn off  Settings / Misc / File Access Legacy Mode, then go to Settings / Library / Music Folders and re-select your folders.

(System may take file access permissions at random from the app rendering direct legacy file access unusable on Android 11).

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Turn off  Settings / Misc / File Access Legacy Mode, then go to Settings / Library / Music Folders and re-select your folders.

(System may take file access permissions at random from the app rendering direct legacy file access unusable on Android 11).

Took a couple of tries re-selecting the folder, but works now, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I pretty much have the same issue, except my "File Access Legacy Mode" is already turned off. I just freshly installed the app, and I have all of my music under the root folder "Music" on Android, with the subfolders being albums, and then the music files inside that.

No matter what I do, I cannot get it to recognize that I have any files on the phone.

• 2 weeks later...

The same with me.

Fresh  reinstall, no "File Access Legacy Mode" enabled. Re-scan does see all my files during actual re-scan (just a few seconds) and once re-scan is done - all zeros.

Edited:

Max, never mind, it was my fault. During transfer all my music from S8+ to S20+ somehow all music files were lost. Only covers, playlist, jpgs were in the folders.

Just reloaded everything from PC and it works. Thanks for the great app!

Archived