Failed to play - Storage Unmounted

djvj

Suddenly today I started getting this error Failed to play - Storage Unmounted. I haven't added music, changed folders, SD cards, or anything. It was working this morning, then an hour later nothing. Phone never restarted or anything.

I've tried playing music from SD card and internal but same error. I tried doing a full rescan in library options and did not help. Restarted phone, and uninstalled and reinstalled Poweramp. Nothing has worked. I went to MediaMonkey and it plays music fine.

Noticed I didn't have to reinstall settings after reinstalling Poweramp, like it restored automatically, which I found odd. So not sure if its still using corrupted settings or something? Out of ideas.

I never did any updates manually today.

Poweramp: v3-build-884-arm64-play (full version)

Android: v10

Phone Oneplus 6T

4 hours ago, djvj said:

Noticed I didn't have to reinstall settings after reinstalling Poweramp, like it restored automatically, which I found odd.

Android/Goggle Play can restore reinstalled app settings that it has backed up to the cloud. To force a clean start, either turn this feature off or clear the app data via your Android Settings page. You will need to assign storage access permissions again afterwards. 

I can't see why this should suddenly happen for both internal and SD Card storage unless something has updated in the background (e.g. overnight app updates via the Play Store). If it was just the SD Card I'd suggest removing it, backup the contents to a PC and reformat it.

Andre

I was able to delete all storage and cache from the android app settings. This fully wiped out Poweramp and all its settings. It's now fixed and playing songs from both sources just fine now. 

Thank you andrewilley

Archived