How do I set a shuffle mode to be permanent?

monkeybutt

Current situation: whenever I play a song, I always set it to "Shuffle All", but if I pick another song from other lists like Recently Added, it'll get reset to "Shuffle Songs" and I have to manually set it to "Shuffle All" again.

What I'm looking for: can I pick a shuffle mode and the app will stick to it (albeit making the song queue position change), no matter which category I pick the song from?

there's an option in app called "No Reshuffle" which I thought gonna do what I want, but I think I misunderstand. "No Reshuffle" only for making sure your songs queue doesn't get shuffled again when you pick a song on the same list / category.

The shuffle mode is designed to remain active whenever you tap on a new song to play - unless you use the 'Play' or 'Shuffle' icons, which configure their own shuffle options. So just tapping on a song within any Folder, Album, or the All Songs list, etc won't adjust the Shuffle setting.

However if you play a song from a limited Category (i.e. a category that does not eventually include the entire Library's contents - such as a Playlist, Top Rated, Low Rated, Recently Added, Recently Played, etc) then the All Songs mode is no longer valid so PA would switch that to shuffling all songs within the chosen category.

Andre

22 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The shuffle mode is designed to remain active whenever you tap on a new song to play - unless you use the 'Play' or 'Shuffle' icons, which configure their own shuffle options. So just tapping on a song within any Folder, Album, or the All Songs list, etc won't adjust the Shuffle setting.

However if you play a song from a limited Category (i.e. a category that does not eventually include the entire Library's contents - such as a Playlist, Top Rated, Low Rated, Recently Added, Recently Played, etc) then the All Songs mode is no longer valid so PA would switch that to shuffling all songs within the chosen category.

Andre

exactly that, maybe I should make a feature request for a persistent shuffle switch (all songs) ?

Archived