Why are Chinese IPs blocked?

syf29

4 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

You posted that message from a German IP address. Does the main powerampapp.com site work from your Chinese IP address?

Andre

main site works, but not the forum (which is also where to get APKs).

If I use a chinese IP, forum.powerampapp.com will always return an http 403 error.

So, I can only use a foreign VPN to access the forum (and to get the APKs)

It might be a block at Invision (the internet company that hosts these forums for us). They are US-based, so they might not be allowing Chinese access. I wasn't aware of such a block though, and they support Chinese language packs so it doesn't seem likely. [Edit: I've just checked and there are multiple users who have set their location as places in China, so presumably it's working for them]

Andre

• 1 year later...

Hmm, strange. Indeed so. I changed my address to Chinese and couldn't access the forum. It would be necessary to contact the technical support of this site. I believe that they will be able to give an adequate answer to this question. In any case, this should not be a big problem for you, because you can always us mobile proxies. This is a great solution for those who are faced with a similar problem. After all, it is with the help of it that you can solve it quickly enough. I hope my advice will help you.