Poweramp hiding number from file name.

pr88

I have been Poweramp user from many years and its simply the best Music app out there. I never had a problem with the app in the past but seems like new update has broken something. The app is not showing the numbers there in file name for e.g. Song file "30 Seconds to Mars - Yesterday" is shown as "Seconds to Mars - Yesterday" or "3 Door Down - Here Without You" file is shown as "Door Down - Here Without You". Has anyone seeing this issue? Any settings I need to change?

If your music files do not contain valid embedded Title tag metadata, Poweramp will try to interpolate the Title and any track numbers from any initial digits that it may find in the filename. Then it will show the title portion of the filename separately from the track number. This causes problems with untagged songs that have valid digits at the start of their names though (e.g. "99 Red Balloons", "7 Years", "5 Years Time", etc).

To check, long-press on a song title and choose Info/Tags and see what metadata the file contains. You could also try enabling Settings > Library > Lists > Filename as Title, which should force the full filename to be used if none of your music is properly tagged.

Andre

Great. A better solution all round would be to make sure your music files are properly tagged in the first place (so they have embedded data for Title, Artist, Album, Track#, etc) but that is probably a fairly major task if you are already happy to just work with the filenames anyway.  

Andre

Archived