It's all gone. What happened?

Grinner

Tried to use Poweramp and everything is gone except for "Doesn't look like anything to me". There are a couple of icons at the bottom of the phone screen but nothing else. I have uninstall and reinstalled Poweramp a couple of times but that didn't solve it. I'm not tech savvy at all.

Oh boy. The answers are: I don't know, I don't know, how do you do that and how do you do that? I may have to find someone to help me. I have a Pixel 4 and not used to it at all but the music player was fine until yesterday.

The Pixel 4 has no SD Card, so your music must be stored on the main device memory. How do you download your music onto your phone?

Has Your phone needed to reset itself recently, to 'update the system' for example? You can see what version of Android you are currently using by going to your device's Settings page (usually you just pull-down the notifications area from the top of the screen and there will be a little cog-wheel icon in the top-right) then choose About Phone and then Software Information.

If there has been an update, rather than fiddling with settings it might be easier to Uninstall Poweramp and then re-install it again (from the Google Play Store) to let it pick up any new device updates. (Don't do this if you have created any Playlists of your own, as these would need to be exported first)

Andre

It says that it is Android 11. I do think the phone went through an update recently. I have uninstalled/Reinstalled Poweramp multiple times through Google Play since yesterday hoping that would fix it. Many phones ago I uploaded my music from a computer that I had using Media Player (I think that is what it was called) With each phone since then I just had them transfer everything over to the new one. 

Sounds like your device has updated itself from Android 10 to Android 11, which can break some file permissions (thanks Google).

Please have a look at:

and

To get to to the Music Folders list, go into Poweramp Settings (via the three-lines icon at the bottom-right of the player screen) and tap Library then Music Folders

Andre

It works!!!!!!!! I can't express the appreciation for putting up with my lack of knowledge but you told me about places to look that I didn't know existed. Thank you so much. I am going to print these tips out in case it ever happens again. Really, truely, thanks. 

Archived