Bug (?) with sort by album in playlist.

NeverSm1le

The question mark is there because I don't know if it's a bug or intended behavior.

In Poweramp v2, I remember when choosing the "sort by albums" function, all songs with the same album is sorted again by track number. But in v3, when choosing the "sort by albums" function, all songs get sorted again by name rather than number.
If it's a bug, hopefully it get fixed in the next update, and if it it's, please consider adding the option to sort by album, then disc number, then track number, in that order.
The version i'm using is build-882-arm64-play.

There are separate List Option values for the category level (such as albums or folders) and for the contained songs level. So you might want to set List Options for the Albums level to "by name" or "by year", then drill down to view the contained songs and set that layer's List Options to sort "by disc and track#".

Andre

15 hours ago, andrewilley said:

There are separate List Option values for the category level (such as albums or folders) and for the contained songs level. So you might want to set List Options for the Albums level to "by name" or "by year", then drill down to view the contained songs and set that layer's List Options to sort "by disc and track#".

Andre

Thank you! But this is not what I mean. I realize that in the original post I forgot to mention that this happens in playlists, not in the album section. Select sort by track number in playlist option sort all tracks by the number and did not follow albums (track 1 of album A, track 1 of album B, etc) while select sort in album will sort tracks by the name. There is no option to sort by album then track number.

Ah, yes you are right about the Re-Sort option for playlists, it is basically one-level, with songs from that sorting group then sub-sorted by title. I agree that the "by albums" option should ideally sub-sort by disc# and track# by default. Also things like "by year" should sub-sort by album and then by disc/track. Any of these rules should always have a fall-back to "by title" should any of those tags not be present, such as for a collection of Singles for example. In the meantime you could try the New Playlist Manager app, which provides much greater control of playlist adjustments.

I'll move this thread to Feature Requests.

Andre

Archived