Poweramp on Chromebook and Android

MusicViewer

I purchased Poweramp on Google Play Store. I have successfully loaded in on both my Google Pixelbook (chromebook) as the Android App. I also loaded this app onto a Pixel 3 Android phone. Both systems were properly recognized by the Play Store and installed the full version on each. 

I scanned a portable HD with my music and playlists onto the chromebook. It created a great Library. Is there anyway I can see the same Library on my phone. I do not see how to sync the Library or set it up to mimic the chromebook Library on my phone. I cannot get the Android phone to scan/read a portable HD itself.

Any help is appreciated.

If your Android phone won't read the portable HD directly (when using an appropriate connector) then you could connect the external HD to your laptop, then put your phone's SD Card into a card-reader on the laptop (or just plug the phone into another USB socket on the laptop) and simply drag and drop the music files over. Once they are on the phone's SD Card, PA should be able to scan them.

Andre

Thank you for the timely response.

My phone is the Google Pixel 3 and it doesn't accept an SD card. There is 64 gigs of internal storage of which 70% is used. 

If I understand correctly, only local (i.e. actually on my phone) music can be catalogued and played on my phone by Poweramp, yes?

6 hours ago, MusicViewer said:

If I understand correctly, only local (i.e. actually on my phone) music can be catalogued and played on my phone by Poweramp, yes?

Local or attached-device (such as a USB drive if supported by the device), anything that appears in the Android file system and scan be scanned basically.

Max is developing an API that may eventually allow more access to local networked content, but at the moment that feature is in very early experimental stages. You can already connect to specific streaming music if you know its URL.  

Andre

16 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Local or attached-device (such as a USB drive if supported by the device), anything that appears in the Android file system and scan be scanned basically.

Max is developing an API that may eventually allow more access to local networked content, but at the moment that feature is in very early experimental stages. You can already connect to specific streaming music if you know its URL.  

Andre

Thanks for explaining. 

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I also have an issue reagrding Poweramp on my chromebook.  I connected an external DAC (Chord mojo) and realised that flac files 192/24 are being downsampled by Poweramp and then reach the DAC. I tried to chane it through the settings but it didn t work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alexandros