Can't get the library scan to work

Carlzock

This thing is showing some extremely odd behavior.

1. It shows playlists I don't have in my Playlists folder (old ones I deleted months ago before even buying Poweramp)
2. It fails to show the ones I do have in that folder
3. If I do a rescan, I have to restart the app entirely because afterward, it shows 0 folders, 0 tracks
4. Same as 3. because afterward, I cannot select any folders besides internal storage and SD card
5. Apparently there is no setting to completely reset and delete any files remaining from Poweramp so I can do a perfectly fresh new installation

Any tips? It's effectively preventing me from using this at all.

Playlists are also imported from the Android system, which may be where the phantom ones are being picked up from.

Clear app data will reset Poweramp, just the same as a clean reinstall would do. You could also delete the internal-memory folder /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer , although that should be empty anyway after uninstalling.

Check Settings > Library > Music Folders and ensure that all of the locations that contain your music are ticked before doing a Full Rescan. Songs files must already exist in the Library database before they will appear in any Playlists. 

Andre

Archived