new user - shuffle question

Xeroy

I put my entire library into the queue and press shuffle button and a random song plays, which is ok.

But the order of the queue did not change, so how do I know if the song I play tomorrow is random?

Since the order of the list was not shuffled, I would expect the shuffle button to stay lit indicating songs will be played randomly.

Normally the Queue is meant to be played sequentially, as per the order which you added the temporary files. It does not have any 'List Options' facility to change its order (although you can disable 'Ignore Shuffle' in Settings > Library > Queue if you want it to obey the Shuffle icon).

I'm not sure why you would want to put your entire library into what is supported to be a temporary and transient queue though? Why not use the 'All Songs' library category which has plenty of sorting options and also obeys the Shuffle icon. Or if for some reason you need it in a specific list, add all your songs to a new Playlist instead (which you can permanently shuffle so the randomised order will never change).

Andre

Archived