Artists pictures

Rhayader

It seems to me that the artists pics or logos are randomly selected. Say.. if you have 10 different albums by the same artist, the picture will be selected randomly from one of these albums. My question is.. is there a way to make Poweramp select a specific pic for the artist? Is there a way to make Poweramp change the artist pics automatically after a certain time? Google Play Music art is made alphabetically, for example. So if you have many albums by the same artist, the one that starts with "A" or "B" or so in the beginning of the album title will become the artist pic.

When you make a playlist with a lot of different albums, the first album you add will be the album art for the whole playlist, no matter if you have thousands of songs from many different albums. Again, it would be nice to have a little variation. Sorry if this was already asked before.

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Just go into the Artists view, select an artist that you want to update, and tap on the three-dots menu icon and select 'Image'. (The wording in the search screen may still refer to Album Art but don't worry, it is searching for artist images) 

Andre

I tried that. It only appears random images from the artist or the album art that is already used as artist pic. Album art from other albums don't appear at all as an option. And even if it appeared.. doing that for thousands of different artists is a lot of work, it would be easier if you had an option to organize alphabetically or in other ways. Like an option on an album "use album art as artist pic/logo".

It is much easier to identify/recognize an artist by an album cover than by pictures of the artist, specially if you have thousands of them. I don't think anyone knows every single band member of every artist they listen to. And what about those bands/artists that have no pictures or never took pictures for the media? But if one person determines as a rule what is "meant to be" and everyone must follow, then there is no point in having a request section. What I think is "meant to be" may not apply to the next person, as everyone has their own preferences.

Thanks for answering anyway.

Then if that's what you want, just turn the Artist Images feature off and cover art will be used instead - Settings > Album Art > Download Artist Images (untick). Or use local images if you have specific pictures you prefer (tap 'Pick from Gallery' in the artist artwork selection screen)

Andre

Archived