Play folder in random mode

franc

Hallo

I use Poweramp mostly to play a folder and not an album or author, or any tag related, etc.

To play a folder randomly, I only found the way by creating a playlist from the folder, but not just by opening a folder and hit the random button.

I would like a feature for the random button where I can choose random play of titles in that folder only.

3.856 beta on Android 9.0

Thanks frank

In the Player screen, tap (or long-press) the Shuffle icon to adjust the random method.

Shuffle Songs (shuffles the tracks within each folder randomly, but still chooses the actual folders in regular order)
Shuffle Categories (chooses a folder at random, but plays the tracks inside the folder in order)
Shuffles Songs/Categories (chooses a folder at random and then plays all of the tracks within it randomly too)
Shuffle All (plays your whole music collection, picking a random track every time, from any folder)
Shuffle Off (plays all tracks in order, and folders in order)

Andre

Thank you for your answer!

"...Shuffle Songs (shuffles the tracks within each folder randomly, but still chooses the actual folders in regular order)..."

This i tried, but it jumps out of the actual folder. I want to hear only the tracks of one folder, but randomly.

To be more clear: In "Library" I hit "Folders". Here I choose a Folder, e.g. folder-name "MyEveningMusic", contains 20 tracks. I hit now the "Shuffle Songs" and expect that only these 20 tracks are played, ranomly...
... and it works.
Sorry, I don't know what I made wrong, maybe I always have tapped "Shuffle All".
Sorry and thanks :)

Archived