Equalization to pass the 15db limit and support preset database

Banbeucmas

I usually use Auto EQ ( https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq) as a reference, and realized that there are usually some preset that require well beyond the -15db value that PowerAmps use. While this change might not significant, implementing it might help the chance of having an access to a preset database. Which then can be used to load right into the app.

Seem like not a really high priority but I would love to see 2 of these feature implemented.

Thanks for the request. Changing “fixed” equalizer this way may be not a good idea as it should be simple, but what is planned is parametric equalization with arbitrary number of bands, where you can go beyond those values and also apply same band multiple times (this doubling dBs applied and more).

35 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Thanks for the request. Changing “fixed” equalizer this way may be not a good idea as it should be simple, but what is planned is parametric equalization with arbitrary number of bands, where you can go beyond those values and also apply same band multiple times (this doubling dBs applied and more).

Oh hey, that is a great idea.

What about support of using preset in AutoEQ. The database is really useful and I think it will come in handy

• 4 months later...
On 8/22/2019 at 2:07 AM, maxmp said:

By "go beyond those values", do you mean the bands will be able to go above 15db?  (By comparison, Neutron goes to +/-18db, and I would absolutely LOVE if PA could go as high or even a little higher.)

Archived