Listening to 5.1 FLAC audio

Sublimehypocrisy

Hello, I have some Yes albums that have been reproduced in 5.1 FLAC format and I was previously able to listen to them in Power-Amp with no issues. The program would collapse the rear channels to the front and play the center speaker as mono. Now, I only hear the front left and right and the other 4 channels are lost. 

Does anybody know if there is a setting I can change to enable this functionality again? I'm not sure if I changed a setting that caused this problem. Thanks for your help!

I am using the latest full version of Power-Amp.

Thanks for the report. Do you remember by any chance what was the Poweramp version which played those flacs properly? Also, if you can share one of such flacs (the smallest one) for tests with me that would be really helpful. Thanks!

Regarding the version that worked, I'm not positive. I know I was able to listen to the songs without issue about 6 months ago. 

For sharing the songs, I don't know if you'll want to download them as each track is about 20 minutes long and each file is over 1GB. However, I'll message you a link to my google drive if you'd still like to download one for a test.

Archived