Hi-Res with wired phones loses sound with notifications

MataRatos

Poweramp V3 Build 838.

Zenfone 3 ZE520KL

Stock Android 8.0

What happens is that if I have the wired output set to Hi-res, whenever I receive a notification, it "ducks" for a second but then stops playing audio, even though playing time continues to run, as if it was playing the music. I have to disconnect the the headphones and then connect again to have sound.

And even sometimes it changes from Hi-Res to Open SL on it's own. I've tried all the workarounds there are on the app, disabling duck, enabling forcing sound output after a notification, etc... But everytime I get a notification, Hi-Res stops working.

With bluetooth phones there's no issue.

Does anyone have the same problem? How did you fix it?

• 1 month later...

After all, it seems that there is a bug with dvc... The day before yesterday, with DVC on I had low volume, no High Res and music would freeze with incoming notifications. Turning DVC off solved all these issues.

Yesterday I had the opposite... With the dvc off I had low volume, no High Res. I had to Turn it on to have normal volume. But it would freeze with notifications... So for now I'm returning to neutron untill these issues are solved.

Thanks for the info. On devices like yours by default notification pauses Poweramp, as device (at least on android 8 ) can’t reliable play via hi-res output + DVC and notification sound on 3.5 at the same time). This is default setting (No DVC option for hi-res output for Wired/AUX device). This can be restored by using Restore defaults in Hi-res output settings, or No Duck option can be checked manually.

Switching to open sl may happen when hi-res completely fails to load. Depending on ROM settings, only single hi-res (or actually “Direct” or “Offload”) output instance may be globally available, thus if some other player plays via hi-res output or holds it for itself (for example, other player recently opened/is paused/is in background), Poweramp can’t use it and resets to open sl.

Thanks!

Jumping between Neutron and Poweramp also makes me realize that Neutron also doesn't always use High Res output... I have to keep changing settings until hi-res is activated. Maybe my phone also something to do with these issues, so I'll have to deal with it... 

Thanks anyway

2 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Thanks for the info. On devices like yours by default notification pauses Poweramp, as device (at least on android 8 ) can’t reliable play via hi-res output + DVC and notification sound on 3.5 at the same time). This is default setting (No DVC option for hi-res output for Wired/AUX device). This can be restored by using Restore defaults in Hi-res output settings, or No Duck option can be checked manually.

Switching to open sl may happen when hi-res completely fails to load. Depending on ROM settings, only one hi-res (or actually “Direct” or “Offload”) output may be globally allowed, thus if some other player plays via hi-res output or hDepending on ROM settings, only one hi-res (or actually “Direct” or “Offload”) output may be globally allowed, thus if some other player plays via hi-res output or holds it for itself, Poweramp can’t and it resets to open sl.olds it for itself, Poweramp can’t and it resets to open sl.

Thanks!

Yes, I've noticed this, that there cant bem two apps using hi-res at the same time...

I'm going to try and disable duck

Archived