Poweramp version and build number: 2.0.10-build-588-uni
Device model: Motorola Moto g6
Android version: Android 8.0.0

After updating to Poweramp v3 and connecting via bluetooth to my 2018 Toyota Sound system, all music information including album cover art, artist, song name, album name, and track number were no longer displayed on the dashboard screen.  When I reinstalled Poweramp version and build number 2.0.10-build-588-uni, music information display was fully restored.

PA v3 uses new Android libraries, which is a requirement going forward. It's unlikely that PA is making a difference, but the libraries could. Have you checked the metadata settings in Poweramp Settings > Headset/Bluetooth? Also worth trying different Android Bluetooth AVRCP versions (in Android Settings > Developer Options)

Andre

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your response Andre.  When the trial version license expired, I was able to verify purchase on Google Play and keep the 2.0.10-build-588-uni (Full Version) without upgrading to v3.  I had tried to change Android and app settings without success so I am going to avoid risks associated with the app upgrade.  

Archived