Song restarts instead of resuming after being interrupted by a Call.

Crisender

Hello,

I am on latest Poweramp. The current song which is interrupted by an incoming or outgoing call

restarts from the beginning instead of resuming from where it was interrupted. This is inexcusable!

It happens irrespective of a call connection type: normal via bluetooth or wired headset. Is there

some setting I am overlooking or is it a bug that needs to be urgently quashed? Kindly let me know.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Crisender said:

Hello,

I am on latest Poweramp. The current song which is interrupted by an incoming or outgoing call

restarts from the beginning instead of resuming from where it was interrupted. This is inexcusable!

It happens irrespective of a call connection type: normal via bluetooth or wired headset. Is there

some setting I am overlooking or is it a bug that needs to be urgently quashed? Kindly let me know.

Thank you.

Did it ever work, perhaps in a previous version ? The settings are to be found in Settings > Audio > Audio Focus. You could reset to defaults, but I doubt that it's a matter of settings.

Perhaps Android kills your Poweramp ? But then it wouldn't automatically resume playing at all. Some Settings for that are to be found in Settings > Misc ( perhaps Use Wakelock or Keep Service )

And you could tell your smartphone not to "optimize" Poweramp. Optimization in this context means stopping the app. Typically there is an exclusion list for apps that mustn't be treated that way.

• 2 months later...
On 3/28/2019 at 12:35 PM, blaubär said:

Did it ever work, perhaps in a previous version ? The settings are to be found in Settings > Audio > Audio Focus. You could reset to defaults, but I doubt that it's a matter of settings.

Perhaps Android kills your Poweramp ? But then it wouldn't automatically resume playing at all. Some Settings for that are to be found in Settings > Misc ( perhaps Use Wakelock or Keep Service )

And you could tell your smartphone not to "optimize" Poweramp. Optimization in this context means stopping the app. Typically there is an exclusion list for apps that mustn't be treated that way.

Sorry for the delayed response. The problem still persists with the new updates. I am currently on v3-build-830. To reply to your question, yes it worked perfectly fine a few versions ago. I guess it started from v3 (not sure).

This time I noted the error that Poweramp throws after a call comes "FAILED TO PLAY. Output Failed: Audio track output"

After disconnecting or rejecting the call, the song starts at the beginning. This happens 8 out of 10 times. The rest of 2 times Poweramp works as it should. Please help. I cant use Poweramp like this.

Thank you very much. 

PS: You suggested 3 settings: Audio focus, Wakelock, & Keep Service. None made any difference. 

Archived