Play songs from the beginning when skipping through the library

Jim_Stark

Hello,

i'm using Poweramp during many years by now and i'm very happy with this app.
But after the latest big update with the facelift i have a major Problem which i cannot solve by myself. I scanned the settings but can't find the right.
My Problem is, that the songs allways starts at the location i stopped the last time or i skipped to the next song at the last time. Even when i  add them to the queue or any other plalist. Sometimes songs get just "overskipped".

Is there any setting that allows me to play songs from the beginning always when i chose them from the library or chose them by skipping through the library?

Thank you very much,

Jim

Settings > Library > Store/Restore Per-Track Progress.

You can completely disable this feature if you like, or just increase the duration so it is only applied to longer tracks. I have mine set to 20 minutes, so it triggers for podcasts/etc (so I can easily return to them later) but not regular songs.

Andre

Thanks again for you're help.

I'm using the german translation of Poweramp and i think maybe the translation at this point is not quite clear.  Maybe it would be better to translate "Store/Restore Per Track Progess" to "Liedfortschritt zwischenspeichern ab Länge (min)" or something like that.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Andre,

I have the same issues described by Jim but the setting has no effect for me.

Even if I disable the " Store/Restore Per-Track Progress " feature Poweramp keeps storing the track progress which makes it quite difficult to skip single tracks. I listen to a lot of audio books split into parts of five minutes so even when enabled the option should not be relevant. To me it seems Poweramp ignores this setting completely.

Thanks for your help!

//edit: Sometimes reading and understanding the changelogs might help... I just fixed my issues by disabling storage of the track progress in the folder options.

Nevertheless: great app. I appreciate your work on Poweramp!

2 hours ago, psycixx said:

//edit: Sometimes reading and understanding the changelogs might help... I just fixed my issues by disabling storage of the track progress in the folder options.

I was about to say that,  but it seems you beat me to it. That feature is per category view type and as the OP hadn't enabled it, it wasn't relevant to the original conversation, but it definitely is to you.

Andre

Archived