Newbie questions

Hi. I recently (last week) download from Google play the app in my car receiver(android 6) . But the installed version is the 2. I try check for updates in google play but no updates are show. I try download in bluestacks also (just to make shire) and the same happened. I read here in forum that v2 is automatically updated to 3... why its not happening with me?

A second question: I using a iphone and I can stream musics from it (ex.: apple music) to my car receiver over Bluetooth using a app called "Bluetooth music" installed in receiver. I trying do the same but using Poweramp instead the default receiver's player....but unsuccessful....Since Poweramp supports a2dp...this shoud be working, right?

Do you have an Intel-based device perhaps? That would prevent v3 from installing from Google. You could try downloading the current v3 version (which is build 820 at the moment) from the Downloads tab at the top of this page and see if that works for you?

And yes, you can connect your phone to any Bluetooth output device (speakers, headset, car radio, etc) and Poweramp will play via that connection.

Andre

11 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

you can connect your phone to any Bluetooth output device (speakers, headset, car radio, etc) and Poweramp will play via that connection.

Andre, any idea why it's not working? I put my cellphone to stream (with Poweramp opened in my car stereo) and nothing happening.... only when a open the car default "Bluetooth player" i'm able to hear the streamed music.

I'm new with Android..so I have no idea if it a limitation in my car receiver... or maybe a wrong configuration in Poweramp

8 hours ago, Andre Vilas said:

only when a open the car default "Bluetooth player" i'm able to hear the streamed music.

Sounds about right. PA on your phone uses bluetooth as its output method, which needs your car head-unit to be connected via bluetooth (A2DP stereo).

If you have PA on your head-unit too (assuming it's an Android head-unit of course) then it can play local music files on that head-unit (internal memory, SD Card, etc) but obviously not songs that are on your phone as they are not on the same local file-system.

Andre

Archived