Library scanner options

typhoe

Hi,

I'd like to see more options for the scanner.

1.   a white list or black list mechanism to select what file extensions I want or don't want to get in Poweramp (ex: I want only mp3/ogg/flc files or I want everything except mp4 files)
  2.   the ability to exclude files without metadata (ID3) set inside them (global, meaning if there is no ID3 metadata at all. Incomplete ones would still be considered as valid)

The why:

I use Plex to easily sync what I want on my phone and it puts everything (audio and video files) in the same path (in some stupid folders and naming scheme, but that's another problem).

So music (mp3) files are nicely detected (stupid naming scheme as I said but with the ID3, Poweramp constructs correctly my library).

But Poweramp also detects video (mp4) files and tries to add them to my library. I don't want them in it. In fact I NEVER want any mp4 files in Poweramp library but there is no setting for that.

As these files have no ID3 metadata, excluding files without metadata would also work.

Thank you for considering these feature requests! I have been using the full version since 2015 and never regretted my registration!

Well, I'll agree Plex is far from being perfect in a lot of aspect, but it's easier to use it to also sync the music albums I want to send to / keep on my phone than using a lot of solutions that would simply provide me an easy way to put the files on my phone.

Anyway, my request was more to get more possibilities with Poweramp and thus offers more to the users.

Regards 

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Build 822 now includes an option (in Settings > Library) to ignore video files.

Oh that's great! Thank you very much!

I'm still on build 820 right now, I'll try that option as soon as I get the update.

And once again, thank you very much!

18 minutes ago, typhoe said:

I'm still on build 820 right now, I'll try that option as soon as I get the update.

The update is available from the Downloads tab at the top of this page, and can be installed manually without affecting subsequent Google Play updates.

Andre

Archived