Jump to content
Poweramp
jefft1

Not playing FLAC files correctly

Recommended Posts

Hi, poweamp is showing and playing my FLAC files as only 6 seconds long. However, I've tried playing the FLAC files via other apps and it's working fine.

 

I've tried rescanning and I'm also on the latest version too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jefft1 said:

Hi, poweamp is showing and playing my FLAC files as only 6 seconds long. However, I've tried playing the FLAC files via other apps and it's working fine.

 

I've tried rescanning and I'm also on the latest version too.

Try this:

Settings > Library > Ignore Short Tracks

Don't ignore - include all (it's at the very top, you might have to scroll to see it)

Then do a full re-scan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, djdarko said:

Try this:

Settings > Library > Ignore Short Tracks

Don't ignore - include all (it's at the very top, you might have to scroll to see it)

Then do a full re-scan.

Hi, I've just tried that. And it's still not working 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jefft1 said:

Hi, I've just tried that. And it's still not working 

Weird, one more thing to try:

De-select your flac music folder, and select a random folder (an empty folder is ok), re-scan, you'll have 0 flac tracks.

Then re-select your flac folder, and do another full re-scan. This will completely re-fresh your library.

It sounds strange, but I believe this worked before when someone had a similar problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried it just then and it's still not fixed. I've tried playing one of the songs using Poweramp by selecting them via "my files" app in Samsung and it Poweramp plays it fine. But when I go back into Poweramp, it shows up at 6 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realised that this FLAC file has the word "cue" written under it compared to other FLAC files that doesn't. I'm not sure what it means? Though, like I said, Poweramp plays these files fine when I chose to play these tracks on Poweramp via the my files app.

Screenshot_20190211-005325_Poweramp.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jefft1 said:

I just realised that this FLAC file has the word "cue" written under it compared to other FLAC files that doesn't. I'm not sure what it means? Though, like I said, Poweramp plays these files fine when I chose to play these tracks on Poweramp via the my files app.

Screenshot_20190211-005325_Poweramp.jpg

A cue is an index file that tells the player where each track begins in an album that is written as a single audio file.

Check your folder, does it just have one flac? or separate flacs for each track?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...