Not playing FLAC files correctly

jefft1

30 minutes ago, jefft1 said:

Hi, poweamp is showing and playing my FLAC files as only 6 seconds long. However, I've tried playing the FLAC files via other apps and it's working fine.

I've tried rescanning and I'm also on the latest version too.

Try this:

Settings > Library > Ignore Short Tracks

Don't ignore - include all (it's at the very top, you might have to scroll to see it)

Then do a full re-scan.

4 minutes ago, djdarko said:

Try this:

Settings > Library > Ignore Short Tracks

Don't ignore - include all (it's at the very top, you might have to scroll to see it)

Then do a full re-scan.

Hi, I've just tried that. And it's still not working 

Just now, jefft1 said:

Hi, I've just tried that. And it's still not working 

Weird, one more thing to try:

De-select your flac music folder, and select a random folder (an empty folder is ok), re-scan, you'll have 0 flac tracks.

Then re-select your flac folder, and do another full re-scan. This will completely re-fresh your library.

It sounds strange, but I believe this worked before when someone had a similar problem.

Tried it just then and it's still not fixed. I've tried playing one of the songs using Poweramp by selecting them via "my files" app in Samsung and it Poweramp plays it fine. But when I go back into Poweramp, it shows up at 6 seconds.

I just realised that this FLAC file has the word "cue" written under it compared to other FLAC files that doesn't. I'm not sure what it means? Though, like I said, Poweramp plays these files fine when I chose to play these tracks on Poweramp via the my files app.

Screenshot_20190211-005325_Poweramp.jpg

34 minutes ago, jefft1 said:

I just realised that this FLAC file has the word "cue" written under it compared to other FLAC files that doesn't. I'm not sure what it means? Though, like I said, Poweramp plays these files fine when I chose to play these tracks on Poweramp via the my files app.

Screenshot_20190211-005325_Poweramp.jpg

A cue is an index file that tells the player where each track begins in an album that is written as a single audio file.

Check your folder, does it just have one flac? or separate flacs for each track?

Archived