Headphones auto start not working well

boyan

20 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Does it always work after PA has been used once and then stopped, or is it intermittent when the app has not been run at all?

Andre

I would say intermittent, but I think most of the times it works is after the headphones have been plugged once and the music has been started manually.

5 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

It's most likely the way Android (especially with more recent APIs) does not assign access to an app until it has been run once.

Andre

I know, but other players (aimp, for example) do respond properly.

2 minutes ago, boyan said:

I know, but other players (aimp, for example) do respond properly.

So how does Android know which app you want to launch when you insert your headset cable? I think you need to have run the app once, and Android will lunched the most recently-used headphone compliant app when you insert  the cable. Max would be able to confirm this though.

Andre

8 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

So how does Android know which app you want to launch when you insert your headset cable? I think you need to have run the app once, and Android will lunched the most recently-used headphone compliant app when you insert  the cable. Max would be able to confirm this though.

Andre

You misunderstood me, I think. I've tested separately three different players, not having them installed simultaneously. Two of them (including Poweramp) had problems with the play on insert and media button press.

Archived