Upgrade sd card

I'm pretty much computer illiterate, so I apologize for asking dumb questions. My optimus t comes with a 2g card. Between my music downloads (about 950mb) and a bunch of junk (pieces of old apps), the card is 80% full. I want to put in a bigger card so I can expand my power-amp library. Is it a complicating process to change cards w/o losing my music? (I don't understand folders/library. I don't know if "library" means internal storage and folders are on sd card?). Any simple answer that an old carpenter could understand? Thanks alot. I appreciate it.

hi,

when you transfer songs/data onto your phone, you pretty much store it all on the 2GB Memory card/SD Card. the folders option and the library option in Poweramp are basically 2 different ways you have to access the songs you have stored on your SD Card. with regards to the Folders option, you browse through your songs by means of the folder structure in which you have organized your songs on the SD Card. with regards to the Library option, Poweramp reads the tag information/properties of your music collection and organizes them according to Albums, Artists etc.,

The target data for both the options are what you have specified in your "Music Folders" option under settings.

when you replace your SD Card, all songs will be missing from Poweramp as no local copy of your collection is maintained. you will have to copy the songs onto your new SD Card, change the "Music Folders" option to the appropriate folder(s) and "rescan folders" for the change to take effect.

Cheers,

awinash

• 2 weeks later...

I really appreciate that. Sounds like a little bit of work. Is there any way for me to send a screenshot of my sd card to this site? I know how to take the shot, just not how to share it to you. I've got music listed 3 or 4 different times, want to know if there are duplicates, in which case I could free up some more space. Or, is there a way to learn the total mbs of my power-amp library-211 songs- and maybe I could figure it out that way? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx again.

Archived