Shuffle playback button in the folders

xviiviiixiv

I play my song in shuffle mode and I prefer to shuffle it within a specific folder since my songs are categorized by language. In V3, the shuffle button in the folders doesn't allow me to shuffle within a folder, the only shuffle option I have is SHUFFLE SONGS/CATEGORIES. 

So because of this, after I pressed on the SHUFFLE SONG/CATEGORIES playback, I have to long press the shuffle button again on the main UI to select the SHUFFLE SONGS options. Am I missing something out or is there no way for me to choose SHUFFLE SONGS while in the folders?

that's what I've been doing. There's a shuffle button within a folder, but the shuffle button has only 1 mode, which is SHUFFLE SONGS/CATEGORIES. Long pressing it won't change it's mode, so I assume that's the only mode. Why not allow it to shuffle just the songs and not categories as well.

That way, instead of pressing PLAY or SHUFFLE SONGS/CATEGORIES and then at the main UI changing it to SHUFFLE SONGS, it will automatically SHUFFLE SONGS only.

• 2 weeks later...

something troubling that I come across. after I click on play and then setting the shuffle mode to SHUFFLE SONGS, the next song will be played from a different category. I have to do it all over again, go into folder, play, set SHUFFLE SONGS and then it will shuffle within that folder.

Can you look into this issue?

27 minutes ago, xviiviiixiv said:

something troubling that I come across. after I click on play and then setting the shuffle mode to SHUFFLE SONGS, the next song will be played from a different category.

You aren't selecting Shuffle ALL Songs are you? The basic 'Shuffle Just Songs' mode should shuffle all of the items in the current category/list (e.g. current album if you are listening in Albums mode) before moving on to the next category/list in order. You can tap on the metadata line near the bottom of the player screen to see what category mode Poweramp is currently playing in.

Andre

I'm not. This is what I have, folder A, B, C, D. 

Open app, go into my folders to choose which folder I want to play. I go into folder C, press play or shuffle (doesn't matter what I press here) then back at main screen, I will long press the shuffle button to choose SHUFFLE SONGS, (had to do this, since there's no option to SHUFFLE SONGS within the folder screen). The next song played, whether I wait or I swipe to the next song, will be played from folder A.

I have to shut down the app, open it up again and then it will be as per normal. I listen to songs when I ride or drive, and this is a very troublesome bug. Could you look into this issue? Would really appreciate it

Sorry, I can't replicate your results. If I try the same sequence as you, it works fine:

• Navigate to a folder via the Folders category list (with, for example, 15 songs in it).
  • Tap the Play icon (or Shuffle, or just select an individual song) and playback commences immediately, with the player screen showing the metadata line info of "Folders - 1/15" if you cycle round to that.
  • Tap the Shuffle icon to set it to"Shuffle Just Songs". The info line will stay the same, but a new shuffled order will have been created.
  • Pressing >> then plays another random track from the same folder (2/15) and it keeps doing that until all 15 songs have been played, at which point it advances to the next foldername in normal order (assuming Advance List has been set as the Repeat mode) and starts playing that folder in random song order.

I wonder if you've maybe got some corruption of PA's music database? You could try clearing app data or uninstall/reinstall (please remember to backup your settings and any internally-created playlists first) and letting it rebuild the whole library from scratch.

Andre

I can't always replicate the result so I'm not sure where the issue lies. Not sure if this info is relevant, but the songs that's loaded into my android are the same that I load into my iphone.

The shuffle issue sometimes happens after I reboot the phone, or sometimes after I used the app and then quit. Sometimes, at both scenario, the shuffle works fine.

Yup, even tried another sdcard I had. Thing is it randomly occurs. It's especially annoying when I'm setting it to pay before riding or driving. 

Also, can the shuffle within the folder be able to be set as well instead of going to the main UI to set the shuffle option

5 hours ago, xviiviiixiv said:

Also, can the shuffle within the folder be able to be set as well instead of going to the main UI to set the shuffle option

The problem would be which folder to go play all of the sub-folders from if you've got several nested levels (logically it could go back up as far as the highest one, which could well mean All Songs). I suspect that's why it needs to be selected at the library folder level rather than from the player screen.

Andre

Archived