V3 Skin Tutorial?

Roset

Hope I'm posting in the right place! I was wondering if anyone could do a tutorial on how to create skins for v3? I've been hoping to create a more minimalist theme ever since I tried the new UI (which I'm loving so far, don't get me wrong) :) I assume the process is different from the v2 tutorial?

Thanks!

@Roset i suspect the process is the same as it is essentially changing styles that max has implemented. To my knowledge there is no tutorial but max has provided a comprehensive skin development kit . Although some naming and comments give a clue, it is still quite difficult  to get to grips. In my case, i did not like the round corners and black background on album, track texts so i have developed a skin where i have changed this. The sample skins provided could be seen as your tutorial although they do not explain the layouts and behaviours. Luckily max provides support too.

You will need to understand how android handles different screen sizes and portrait/ landscape. In addition, a good understanding of how styles work and finally, be au fait with Android Studio

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 11:26 PM, flyingdutchman said:

@Roset i suspect the process is the same as it is essentially changing styles that max has implemented. To my knowledge there is no tutorial but max has provided a comprehensive skin development kit . Although some naming and comments give a clue, it is still quite difficult  to get to grips. In my case, i did not like the round corners and black background on album, track texts so i have developed a skin where i have changed this. The sample skins provided could be seen as your tutorial although they do not explain the layouts and behaviours. Luckily max provides support too.

You will need to understand how android handles different screen sizes and portrait/ landscape. In addition, a good understanding of how styles work and finally, be au fait with Android Studio

Where is this kit at? Searching on this forum and nothing about developing own skins that I see except this thread, and you did not point out where this kit is.

8 minutes ago, AllCoreListener said:

This is very important

Archived