arcasinky

Shuffle UI in v3 is...weird. What am I missing?

Goal:  To play songs contained in a playlist in random order indefinitely.

In V2, to do this, I'd go to the playlist list, long-press on the playlist I wanted and then press the 'shuffle' icon.  From that point on, Poweramp would shuffle-play songs from that playlist and only that playlist until I selected a different playlist or changed the shuffle mode.  It was quick and efficient: 2 presses, long-press, press the icon, done.  I could do it in my car with only minimal glances at the phone screen.

In V3, instead of long-pressing on the playlist entry, I click the playlist and then click the 'shuffle' icon.  Seems reasonably intuitive.  Perhaps even more intuitive than V2's long-press method.  Except that's not what happens.  For reasons beyond my comprehension, the default shuffle mode seems to be "shuffle songs/categories" so that songs from other playlists eventually get played!  If I wanted to listen to those other songs, I'd have picked a playlist that featured those songs!  So once I'm back at the main screen I have to change the shuffle mode to 'shuffle songs'.

Can someone explain to me the decision behind offering a 'shuffle' option in the playlist view if the player is going to, by default, play songs from other playlists anyway??  What am I missing?  Near as I can tell, there is no mechanism to change the default shuffle mode so there had to have been a reason behind making 'shuffle songs/catgories' the default mode.  What was it?