Disable Respond to MEDIA_PLAY Command

Yangorang

Poweramp seems to respond quite differently to my car's bluetooth adapter (CoolStream CarPro) than other media players I've used which is somewhat annoying to me.
Neither Groove Music nor Google Music will start playing audio immediately upon starting my car, but they will stop the audio immediately when the car turns off.  They will also stop the audio if I switch to a different input such as radio on the vehicle.  This is the behavior that I want to have but I can't seem to get it with Poweramp.  As I understand this seems to be because Poweramp is responding to a MEDIA_PLAY Command being sent to it which does not seem to be the case with the other apps.

I have both "Resume On Wired Headset" and "Resume on Bluetooth" options in Poweramp disabled.  If I have:
Respond To Buttons enabled:  Poweramp will resume playing last song I was on upon connecting to bluetooth CarPro regardless of whether app is open or bluetooth input is selected on my car.  Poweramp will stop playing when car is turned off or when switching to different input.
Respond To Buttons disabled:  Poweramp will not resume upon connecting to bluetooth or changing to bluetooth input.  Poweramp keeps playing music when car is turned off until bluetooth is completely disconnected and will keep playing when switching inputs. 
Desired Behavior:  Poweramp will not resume upon connecting to bluetooth or changing to bluetooth input.  Poweramp will stop playing when car is turned off or when switching to different input.

This is what I'm currently doing; however, this results in the side effect of Poweramp not pausing when the car turns off or when I switch from Bluetooth to Radio input Poweramp will still continue playing in the background.

I understand that Poweramp works differently than most other media players but this is just one of those annoying things.  I'll try messing around with the V3 test build and see if it responds any differently.

Okay so I signed up for the V3 test build and that with Respond To Buttons on seems to behave mostly like I'd want.  It'll still stay on play after shutting off the vehicle which doesn't happen with other media players.  It'll eventually pause once the BT adapter disconnects entirely.

Ah, you didn't mention you were still using the old Poweramp v2.

Poweramp v3 is no longer in testing, as from around build 808 onward it is considered the main official product. And it's only v3 that has that initial BT command ignore delay which I mentioned earlier; I assumed you already had that, sorry.

Andre

Archived