[809] Queueing songs messes up track order

VIV_ID

I'm a heavy user of the queue and often use it to queue up several albums that I'd like to listen to in succession. However, recently it's started behaving weirdly and tracks are not queued in the correct order.

Tracks have always been added to the queue in the same order that they have in the context I'm selecting them, be it individually from an album or "all songs" context, or as a full album from an artist or "all albums" context. Now, though, some of the tracks are placed at the bottom of the queue for some reason. Take a look at these three examples with the three different albums.

For these examples I selected the album from the "Albums" list and queued it. The "Albums" list is sorted by added date (reversed), but the album view itself is sorted by track number). I get the same result if I open the albums and manually select all the songs and queue them.

Now, I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think the tracks that end up at the bottom had their tags edited more recently than the others. I'm only certain of this in the third example, where "New Wave" was updated after I tagged the entire album, however, all the files have the same timestamp, so I don't know how it should matter anyway. All the tagging in these cases was done on PC, not within PA.

Is there some weird setting I might have overlooked that causes this? I don't recall having this problem with v3 until recently and I definitely didn't have it with v2.

I always assumed that tracks were always added to the Queue (or to Playlists) using the Sort Order for that particular type of library view. So for example if you have Albums sorted by Track#, then adding a whole album to a Playlist or Queue should add the songs in track order. Or if Folders are sorted in filename order, that's how a whole folder should get added to the Queue. That's always how it seems to have worked for me anyway. I'll do some tests with the latest beta and see what I find.

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I always assumed that tracks were always added to the Queue (or to Playlists) using the Sort Order for that particular type of library view.

That's what I thought as well and it's what has been happening for as long as I've used the app, but recently this weird behavior appeared. I don't really know after which update it started, but I'd say it was fine a month or two ago, though I can't be sure of that in case I didn't queue any affected albums right away. And I would also have had to actually notice it in the first place...

Archived