Certain files and folders are not added to the Poweramp application.

Kaidus

Certain files and folders are not added to the Poweramp application. That files are voice recording files, and that file's format is "m4a".

I can play those files by using this way : Select one of that files using "내 파일(my files)" function(basic function of my phone), running this file, Select "running it with Poweramp app"

However, in the Poweramp application, Although I add a folder that contains that files, I can't see that folder and files in library page. I moved that files to defferent folder, but Poweramp dosen't found it too.

I have attached some capture image for help your understanding, but I'm Korean and my smart phone's language setting is Korean too. So I wrote English translation in these images.

Thank you.

KakaoTalk_20181124_032231145.jpg

KakaoTalk_20181124_032231454.jpg

KakaoTalk_20181124_032231908.jpg

KakaoTalk_20181124_032232366.jpg

KakaoTalk_20181124_032232781.jpg

I can't tell from your images, but what running time is shown in the tags for those 'missing' files when you manage to play from from a file explorer? The most common cause of this issue is mis-tagging, which on some file formats can result in files that appear to be 1 second long and are thus skipped by PA's scanner process. You can disable that functionality in Settings > Library > Ignore Short Tracks (set it to "Don't Ignore - Include All") .

Andre

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I can't tell from your images, but what running time is shown in the tags for those 'missing' files when you manage to play from from a file explorer? The most common cause of this issue is mis-tagging, which on some file formats can result in files that appear to be 1 second long and are thus skipped by PA's scanner process. You can disable that functionality in Settings > Library > Ignore Short Tracks (set it to "Don't Ignore - Include All") .

Andre

Thanks to your advice, I found the files and folders. This is very much to be appreciated.

But I still don't know why the running time tags of those files are differ from real running time. I did not changed that before, and also I don't know that it really have difference. If you look at the fifth image I uploaded, you can see the running time of the file is marked (2:47).

Well, may be problems of incorrect tags are my buisness from now. So I just say thank you for your advice again.

kaidus

5 hours ago, Kaidus said:

But I still don't know why the running time tags of those files are differ from real running time

The scanner has potentially thousands of files to scan, it would take ages read the whole of each of them (which happens when you play a file) but it has to rely on what info it can glean from the small tag or possibly the file length.

From build 810 Max is going to change the way that mistagged files are handled anyway. Instead of assuming the length is 1 second, the scanner will understand that there is no valid length info and so the Skip Short Tracks feature won't get triggered.

Andre

So you mean that the reason of problem is Poweramp app regard mistagged files to 1second length files.

Anyway, now I'm listening to my recording file using the Poweramp app. This was possible because of your help. Thank you!

Archived