How to delete songs in V3?

DC5fan

I had this same problem with v2. How do I "GRANT ACCESS"? I own an LG Stylo 3 Plus that includes LG Music player. The app will let me delete songs. When my list of songs come up in v3 I am seeing duplicates. I would rather delete them in v2. I don't have a clue on how to do this v3.

Poweramp asks for access when you’re trying to delete something or change something like tags. If it doesn’t work then:

- standard documents app is disabled/removed, thus it’s not possible to request and take permission to delete on sdcard

- standard documents app is replaced by something broken (Meizu and some other old 5.0 ROMs)

I am not exactly the "sharpest tool in the toolbox". A little over a year ago I came across Poweramp and was floored with  what my audio files sounded. Your reply is Greek to me. A couple of hours ago I downloaded/installed v3 807. All I know is that the files I have in my SD card have NEVER sounded so good when I first heard them back in the early '60's. With over 30 + years behind a drum set the product is allowing me to hear frequencies (yes, I probably played a little too loud than I should have), that I haven't heard in over 40 years ago.The ROM is 7.1.2 . Perhaps my best way of delete is to put the microSD card into my laptop and go from ther.

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2018 at 8:19 AM, DC5fan said:

I had this same problem with v2. How do I "GRANT ACCESS"? I own an LG Stylo 3 Plus that includes LG Music player. The app will let me delete songs. When my list of songs come up in v3 I am seeing duplicates. I would rather delete them in v2. I don't have a clue on how to do this v3.

I had this same problem with Poweramp.  It is installed on my Xiaomi MiA2 Lite.  Really annoying.  I read somewhere, that sometimes, if you are using a separate SDcard, that the SDcard volume does not have a label assigned.  I checked my SDcard and it did not have a name.  So, I removed my SDcard and hooked it directly to the computer and entered a name such as 16GBSDcard.  Later when I tried to delete a file, I was again prompted to grant permission.  I worked through the screens that followed and it Did allow me to delete files afterwards.  Maybe that is what worked for me and it might  apply to you.  Maybe it was voodoo.  But, I can delete files that I could not delete previously.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for taking too long. No, it's not VOODOO it's called "experimenting". I use 2 microSD cards. One is for my regular music, and another for my Christmas music. You are right about using your computer, or laptop, to allow deleting files. I believe it's called PERMISSIONS. 

Archived