Playlists songs not saving as a playlist

Handyandy180

Hi All

Total beginner here and am obviously doing something wrong. I use Poweramp on my vehicle head unit (Android). I have created various playlist titles and have started to go through my albums to save the songs to different playlists. Everything seems fine as I get a Tick bottom left of screen. When I go to playlists the songs are there. 

However after the vehicle is swithed off overnight the playlist are still there but the contents are not. Poweramp notes something like nothing seen. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Also where do I find what Build I am running? Told you I was a novice.

Many thanks Chris

Your device is most likely starting Poweramp before the SD Card system is properly mounted, so PA scans and finds no music files and thus removes the contents of its Library (and as a consequence the contents of any playlists). The files are picked up again when the SD Card appears, but by then it is too late for the contents of any internal playlists.

You can turn the auto-scan feature off in Settings > Library > Scanner .

If that does not work, convert your internal (volatile) playlists to file-based .M3U lists which will not get emptied in the same way.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Your device is most likely starting Poweramp before the SD Card system is properly mounted, so PA scans and finds no music files and thus removes the contents of its Library (and as a consequence the contents of any playlists). The files are picked up again when the SD Card appears, but by then it is too late for the contents of any internal playlists.

You can turn the auto-scan feature off in Settings > Library > Scanner .

If that does not work, convert your internal (volatile) playlists to file-based .M3U lists which will not get emptied in the same way.

Andre

I'll try that Andre and let you know Many thanks for the prompt reply

Hi Andre

It was exactly as you thought and the solution worked great, many thanks. While on this topic is there a way to remove individual songs from a playlist? IEgoing into a playlist and seeing a list of songs and removing duplicates. Many thanks once again.

8 hours ago, Handyandy180 said:

Hi Andre

It was exactly as you thought and the solution worked great, many thanks. While on this topic is there a way to remove individual songs from a playlist? IEgoing into a playlist and seeing a list of songs and removing duplicates. Many thanks once again.

Yes, just long-press on the song title and tap Delete (in a Playlist, this only removes the item from the list, whereas in other library categories it will offer to delete the physical file, so make sure you are in the right view!).

There is also a Don't Add Duplicates option in Settings > Library > Lists.

Note: File-based (M3U) lists will allow you to remove songs from the current local copy of the list, but it won't edit the actual physical file - so if you re-load the M3U at some later stage (maybe by a full rescan) then the temporarily removed songs will come back. 

Andre

Archived