Prefer in folder art over embedded

Absinthequ

In v2 you used to see in folder artwork like folder.jpg as the thumbnail for that album. Then when you played the individual songs it would show the embedded artwork. This was really nice.

The reason I miss this feature is because I like to put multiple covers in an album. For example the singles sometimes have cool artwork or if there's a deluxe edition with different artwork I'll assign it to the bonus tracks. V3 assigns the first song as the cover automatically. So if the first song is a single and I use the single artwork on just that song the thumbnail view for that album is not the right cover. In v2 this worked nicely as you would see the folder.jpg as the album cover thumbnail then when you played it, you saw the embedded cover for each track. I like in V3 you can see each cover for each song when you view the track list but it would be nice if before you viewed the track list you saw the folder.jpg as the main cover looking at the the thumbnails of the albums.

Also a lot of artist release singles that never make it to an album and I like to make a folder and album for every year for example "2018 B-sides" and I could use one generic cover for the main album thumbnail but you get to see the embedded real artwork for each song when it plays. The album and folder will have multiple artists in it. The way it is now the player picks the first song on the list and you see that artwork for a random single as the thumbnail for the album cover. Again it would be nice to see folder.jpg as the main thumbnail for that album, then you can see the embedded when viewing the track list or playing the song. 

1 hour ago, Absinthequ said:

artist release singles that never make it to an album and I like to make a folder and album for every year for example "2018 B-si

woohoo I figured out how to make this work .. If you check "prefer downloaded album artwork" in the settings, and then go into the folder on your phone "Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audio/album_art" you can put your album artowkr in here and it will work. For example: "Eminem - Kamikaze.jpg" will work if you have the tag Artist: Eminem, album: Kamikaze

Archived