Playlist not recognizing

Hi, I just got the free trial version to check it out before getting the full version. The default player on my phone is able to find all the playlists, but Poweramp cant find any. I tried to sync and transfer playlists using different software's (WMP, Winamp, Kies, doubleTwist) but nothing seems to work. I can c a .pla file in the playlist folder. Please help.

My phone is Samsung Galaxy S with gingerbread 2.3.4.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for the request.

Currently, PowerAMP just uses the stock android Library. On some phones this stock library is capable of recognizing m3u and some other file formats (but have a lot of issues with it).

Thus such playlist can appear in library, but that's not guaranted.

PowerAMP v2.0 has custom library implementation. Current 2.0 dev. builds support m3u, m3u8, pls, wpl formats. PowerAMP is able to keep in sync with these formats, i.e. any change to playlist inside PowerAMP is written back to the playlist file and vice-versa. Also it possible to export PowerAMP playlists to these formats, though CUE tracks won't be properly exported (as these formats don't support CUE tracks).

• 4 months later...

PowerAMP 2.0 can read playlists (m3u, m3u8, pls, wpl) if such playlists are located in PowerAMP's Music Folder (which are configurable via Settings => Music Folders).

Of course, songs for these playlists should be in Music Folders as well.

PowerAMP currently has no syncing capabilities, it's focused on music playing.

Thanks!

Archived