Playlist suddenly starts displaying wrong track info and cover art.

Joe Gent

I had this issue on v793 when i shuffled all tracks. On v795, when i shuffle a playlist (it seems to work now) after about 20-30 songs it will suddenly start displaying the wrong track name and cover art. It also seems to convert to playing list in order (no longer random) when it does display the wrong info. Also disabling equalizer on the built in DAC doesn't seem to apply.

Verizon LG VS996 (V30)

Android 8.0

DAC/Wired output (Hi Fi Mode)

I think that's what I"m seeing on two occasions.  it glitches and then what i see on the screen is an album in order when i change songs but what i hear is the playlist (shuffle) before it went whack.   I have to exit out or go to another list and back if i remember correctly.  This could be related or similar to the previous bug.   Maybe freaking out when the media scanner is running?

Yeah... I've also noticed that with my Poweramp 795. When I change skins the player shows wrong track info and album art, but the widget shows the correct info and art. It happens everytime I change the skin, even when changing elements of the skin, like toggling the "Pro Buttons" and/or "Static Seekbar" produces that track info error/bug. But the bug is very random, doesn't happen all the time. Only way to get it to show the correct info is to restart the player (close and run the player). 

• 1 month later...

@Maxmp Just to give an update this is still happening as of build 802. My observations have been that this happens randomly, although it seems to happen more often if I'm changing tracks. It happens to me multiple times a day. The current playlist is being shuffled then suddenly will start playing from the beginning. Oddly, sometimes the first track in the playlist will start somewhere in the middle of the track, as if the player remembered the current time of the current track and carried that over to the next playing track. This seems to happen regardless of output mode or device. 

I am using an LG V40 on 8.1.0, and I had the same issue on my LG V30 running 8.0.0. Both devices had large music libraries (>60gb) stored on an sd card if that helps.

Please let me know if there's any more information I can provide.

Also, it seems to happen more often if I've let the player idle for a while with the music paused, or after closing the app completely then coming back a few minutes or hours later the Playlist will have restarted from the beginning and is no longer shuffling. 

Archived