795 - Music plays through internal loudspeakers with plugged earphones.

mazinkaiser

After upgrading to 795 I have noticed that music plays through the internal loudspeaker even when wired earphones are connected. Earphones are recognised after plugging and unplugging  (sometimes it needs a few tries).  Using Hi-res output on a Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus. 

In Poweramp settings (either in Audio Focus or in per-output settings), set Poweramp to pause on audio-focus / notifications.

You probably using killer combo: DVC + Hi Res, the device is not even aware it has that mode (literally this is never tested by OEMs), the phone may "think" it doesn't play anything on wired headset when notification / call comes and Poweramp is playing, and device then plays sound on speaker to notify you, user, of an important event. Some devices are more polished in this regard (e.g. Samsungs), some are not. 

Poweramp can just pause temporarily (via above mentioned option) avoiding audio on speaker. Or either DVC or hi-res can be disabled as well.

I'm continuing to polish this with the new builds.

On 9/7/2018 at 2:12 PM, Sahil21 said:

I didn't notice it in the previous builds, it happens randomly. Twice for me, but it's embarrassing when you are at a busy place. Music is really awesome though just this 1bug i came across Poweramp. 

It is happening too often now, restarting the device solves it or disabling dvc but it makes the sound quality way too low. Please fix it. 

Archived