Help regarding lyrics / Plugin

Powerboss

Hi!  How do I get my player to play lyrics?  When I try it I get a message that says "No lyrics found in the song.   To search lyrics please download and install the musixmatch lyrics plugin."   How do I go about doing that?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Powerboss said:

To search lyrics please download and install the musixmatch lyrics plugin."  

PA can display embedded lyrics (i.e. ones already saved inside the actual song file) on its own, but if you want something that can search for lyrics online based on the song title then an app like Musixmatch can help, just download it from the Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.musixmatch.android.lyrify). There is no facility for scrolling lyrics timed with the music progress though - PA is not a karaoke player :).

Andre

• 1 year later...
On 6/2/2018 at 3:49 AM, andrewilley said:

PA is not a karaoke player

No, but this is a huge feature that some streaming services pay big bucks to provide this to their end-user.

Spotify uses Genius, Deezer uses LyricFind and Musicxmatch is a widely popular standalone app.

Sure, we could lean on these features already in place, but if an audio file has synchronized lyrics already embedded into it (which is not entirely likely, but completely plausible), there should be the functionality present to use them IMO.

Archived