Shuffle

PetulantPaul

Hi, I'm a new P/A user and I love it, it works great and is user friendly, I have one problem that I'm hoping you can help with. I have 400+ tracks on a Samsung Galaxy 7 edge, although I have the shuffle setting on, it still seams to play the same 40-50 tracks over again.

All songs are in a root directory.

Is there something I'm not doing that I should be to get all my tracks played?

Help would be appreciated.

If all your music files have been scanned into PA's Library (have a look in the All Songs list) then setting Shuffle mode to 'All Songs' should pick from them randomly. Of course, that doesn't mean that you might not hear some of the same songs again next time, but you shouldn't within one playback session. Are you sure you are shuffling All Songs, rather than shuffling just one List type?

Andre

Thank you Andre, I've done what you suggested i'll see how they play today, I'm aware that being random the same track might play twice in any one session, but I had it playing all day Saturday, and then heard virtually the same songs yesterday.

I've made sure all songs are selected, and I've queued them all, then shuffled the queue.

I'll let you know.

Cheers, Paul

• 3 weeks later...

I've been having the same issues.

I have about 1500 songs in one folder, all named and tagged properly. While I don't hear the same songs in one sitting, I'll hear about the same 200-300 songs played overall. When I add a new file, the whole pattern seems to start over again. It also seems that around every 8th song, the shuffle will play that same artist 1 or 2 more times in a row, now this might just be coincidental since I began noticing this. I also have the player set to repeat off and shuffle all songs

Here's a sample tag and sample portion of my library

1100458860_SamplePlaylistTag.thumb.jpg.08cfcb1da1a90f47c3d4de6c92307b08.jpg961701998_SamplePlaylistPortion.thumb.jpg.975eeacc3ab47841923448a24507ba08.jpg

Archived